Victims of Military abductions surfaced due to Writ of Amparo
Full text of the writ of Amparo can be found here

Printed copies available, email rbahaguejr [at] gmail [dot] com

Saturday, March 10, 2007

GLOBE TELECOM, A CALLOUS LYING CHEAT

ang complain sa ibaba ay mula sa isang Globe Telecom subscriber na nagpadala ng email sa amin sa txtpower.org



---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HAVE DECLARED WAR ON GLOBE TELECOM. THIS IS A LETTER OF COMPLAINT ON THEIR FAILURE TO GIVE PROMISED REBATES, WHICH I RECENTLY SENT THE COMPANY BUT WAS NOT ACTED UPON. PLEASE PASS.

* * *

To whom this may concern:

I am formally filing a complaint against Globe Telecom for utter failure to abide by your word.

Last October, I called Globe to have my postpaid line terminated because I wanted to cut on expenses and switch to prepaid. The Globe rep offered me P250 rebates per month, which I accepted. I remember that I had to call back several times to remind them and make sure that I would be getting these rebates. They said that it was being processed, without giving an exact
time frame, so I had to wait. Then around November, finally they revealed that it would take two months before it would take effect. So fine. I waited, even though they withheld that information when they offered me the rebates initially. I was expecting my January bill to contain the rebates, basically because when I called the Globe rep on December she assured me that I would get it by January. I called again first week of January and the Globe rep told me the same. To
my surprise, my January bill did not contain the rebates. So I got understandably furious and asked Globe to terminate my line because I felt betrayed. Globe called me three days after to confirm the termination and to tell me that I would get my rebates on my February bill if I decided to continue. Being still angry, I said no. But after thinking it over after a few hours, I called back to cancel the termination and continue the line provided that they will give me my rebates on February. The Globe rep processed my request. To my surprise, Globe still cut my line a day later. So I called to complain. In five minutes, someone called back to confirm the re-connection of the line. No one apologized for my unprocessed request to cancel the termination in the first place. The Globe rep who called me to re-connect my line told me that my rebates might be delayed because I had my line terminated. I argued back, reasoning that Globe failed to process my request to cancel the termination, and that I had been waiting for those goddamn rebates. In the first place, Globe’s lack of transparency, and I have no choice but to conclude, DELIBERATE DISINFORMATION on the enactment of the rebate was my reason to terminate the line in
the first place. Apparently, this was not reflected in the records because a Globe rep cited my reasons for disconnection as merely “not satisfied with the handyphone,” meaning, my complaint as sanitized. So the Globe rep said that she will “note” that I would be expecting it on February. Then my line was re-connected. On February 7, a Globe rep called me to confirm if I would be continuing my line. I said yes, provided that they give me my rebates in the upcoming bill. She promised. I know, because I asked, “Promise?” She said “Promise.” She called on February 7 at 1:57 p.m. My cellphone still holds the record, though I failed to get the Globe rep’s name.

My February bill, which I received on the 2nd week of the month, contained no rebates. It was explained that a month of it was forfeited by Globe Loyalty because of my line disconnection. Yet your Globe rep swore that I would get it. (It’s a pity because I didn’t record the date of call and names of previous Globe reps who gave out similar false promises). I had requested for someone from Globe Loyalty to call me to fix the problem because all the Globe reps seem to be
able to do is file reports. Up to now, nobody from the said department has called. I had followed up my request twice. Funny, but when I was asking to re-connect my line (and yes, I am aware, add to your multi-billion peso coffers), I was called up in a jiffy. Now that I am asking for redress, it’s taking eons.

GLOBE TELECOM SUCKS. YOU TREAT YOUR CUSTOMERS LIKE SHIT. I HAVE BEEN A LOYAL SUBSCRIBER FOR MORE THAN TWO YEARS AND I HAVE TO FIGHT TOOTH AND NAIL FOR A LITTLE REBATE THAT I DIDN’T EVEN ASK FOR BUT WAS PROMISED. PROMISED!!! I SHOULD’VE REALLY JUST CUT MY LINE LAST OCTOBER AND SWITCHED NETWORKS IF I HAD KNOWN HOW CALLOUS YOU WOULD BE.

I AM NOT PAYING MY FUCKING BILL UNTIL THIS MATTER IS SETTLED, DO YOU UNDERSTAND? AND DON’T YOU DARE CUT MY LINE BECAUSE OF IT, I HAVE A PENDING COMPLAINT THAT YOU HAVE NOT ACTED UPON. UNTIL A SATISFACTORY RESOLUTION OF THAT, I WILL ALWAYS BE ON THE VERGE OF FILING COMPLAINTS WITH THE NTC AND WITH TXTPOWER (THOSE PEOPLE ARE MY FRIENDS, BY THE WAY). I WILL ALSO NOT HESITATE TO PUBLISH THIS LETTER ON MY BLOG AND SPREAD IT THROUGH E-MAIL TO WARN CONSUMERS THAT YOU ARE A LYING CHEAT.

This is not just about asking for P250. This is about struggling against being fooled. If we were in a country with efficient consumer laws and I had enough time and money, I would sue your ass off. Unfortunately, you arrogate yourselves even upon the government so all an ordinary customer like me can do is complain, and at the most, publicize your ineptitude and brazen disrespect such that consumers can be informed and mobilized into collective actions, like say, boycott (Oh, isn’t there already one against you?). I will do just that so don’t you further mess with me and dare ignore this complaint.

Thoroughly disgusted,

Ilang-Ilang Quijano
Globe Subscriber

P.S. Your website does not even publish this e-mail address where to direct complaints. I had to call to get it. You guys are pathetic.

No comments: